Established in 1903, The Bechworth Bowls Club is one of the oldies bowling clubs in the area. The club first home was at Queen Victoira Park where the first opening day was held on 16th of December, 1903. The Green was open by Florence Bligh, the Countess of Darnley (Wiki) in her first visit back to Beechworth since leaving as a young girl. The Beechworth Bowls Club then moved to its current home on the corner of Albert Rd and Harper St, where it has become a social hub for many in the community and is now the home of the very popular BBC Barefoot Bowls Championship.
- Beechworth were runners up in the A3 Grand Final, losing to Moira Benalla 121-71.
- Beechworth consecutive 19 game home wins record ended with there 92-102 lost to Bright in Round 13, on February 4th, 2012. The consecutive wins started back in November the 15th, 2008.
- Beechworth won the A3 Grand Final 115-78 over Yarrawonga/Mulwala Golf Club Resort.
- Beechworth were runners up in the B3 Grand Final, losing to Wangaratta 79-57.
- Lights returned to the Beechworth Bowls Club with the upgrade to the Centenary Green with four new light towers
- Beechworth were runners up in the A3 Grand Final, losing to Wodonga 82-96 at the Wangaratta Bowls Club.
- Beechworth won the A3 Grand Final 118-89 over Kiewa at the Wodonga Bowls Club.
- Beechworth were runners up in the B3 Grand Final, losing to Myrtleford 55-84.
- The first BBC Barefoot Bowls Championship took place in February.
- Life Members Len Leentjes & Mick Newbound passed away
- Beechworth re-entered A2 for the first time since the early 90’s
- Beechworth made it to the A2 Preliminary final, where they were beaten by Wodonga 96-83
- Life Member George Lockwood Passed away
- Beechworth won the B3 Grand Final over Wangaratta at the Wodonga Bowls Club.
- Beechworth made it to the A2 Elimination final, where they were beaten by Myrtleford
- Mason Bayliss was picked as a part of the Ovens and Murray Bowls Region Men’s team for the 2018 Bowls Victoria Region Sides Championship
- Rick Robinson was picked as a part of the Ovens and Murray Bowls Region Men’s team for the 2019 Bowls Victoria Region Sides Championship
- The back green was redone and opened on Sunday May 12th 2019